Koh Samet is a beautiful tropical island located four hours from Bangkok. Is this worth visiting Koh Samet in 2022? On weekends and festivals, this place is even more bustling. From Monday to Friday, this place mainly welcomes self-sufficient tourists. Thai people often choose hotels and resorts located near ports and beaches to relax. So if you go a little further, you will avoid the noisy space to immerse yourself in the peaceful natural scenery here.
1. Where is Koh Samet island?
Koh Samet is a tiny unspoiled island located in the southeast region of Thailand, on the way from Pattaya to Koh Chang. In general, compared to the famous islands of Thailand such as Phuket, Koh Samui… Koh Samet is somewhat more peaceful. Therefore, Koh Samet island is an ideal destination for vacation and honeymoon. For those who love backpacking, Koh Samet 2022 is attractive with unspoiled beauty, exploration, and experience.
2. Best time to visit Koh Samet 2022
Whatever island in Thailand, the best time to visit is when the weather is nice and sunny. So when is the best time to visit Koh Samet 2022? Thailand has four distinct main seasons, which are:
- Dry season: From January to February.
- Hot season: From March to May.
- Rainy season: From June to October.
- Cool season: From November to December
Peak tourist season in Koh Samet 2022
In the dry season as well as the cool season from November to April next year. This is the time when everyone is at home, everyone pulls together to travel. Therefore, the island of Koh Samet has also become busier and more crowded than ever. If you plan to go on a self-guided tour of Koh Samet at this time. You need to book accommodation, accommodation as well as flight tickets 1 month in advance to be able to have cheaper costs.
You should limit going in the rainy season because Koh Samet is always in the humid and uncomfortable air at this time. Sudden rains as well as the hot and humid air, will definitely make your trip uncomfortable. But if you still want to go in the rainy season, you should prepare enough luggage and tools to prevent the rains.
The best time to explore Koh Samet 2022 is around after the rainy season and before the peak season. You can go to Koh Samet from the end of September to October. This is when the rushing rains in Koh Samet stop and turn to the cool season. At the same time, this is also the time when Koh Samet is not too crowded. You will be able to enjoy the tranquility of the island and relax during your vacation.
3. How to get to Koh Samet from Bangkok in 2022?
You can move from Bangkok to Koh Samet 2022 in two ways: by van + ferry or taxi + ferry. The distance is around 210km.
First, you need to get to Rayong ferry terminal from Bangkok by 2 options:
- Option 1: Move to Ekamai bus station (from the center of BKK or the airport, use BTS or taxi to get there). After arriving at the bus station, you buy a bus ticket for 157 Baht for one way to travel. It only takes you about 4 hours to get to Koh Samet boat station.
- Option 2: Go to Victory Monument bus station (use BTS or taxi to get here). After arriving at the bus station, you buy a ticket to ride a Van for 200 Baht. The bus will take you to the Rayong ferry terminal for about 2 and a half hours more. However, with this type of vehicle, you cannot keep the exact time because you have to wait for other guests.
Second, you will move from Rayong ferry terminal to Koh Samet island by a ferry:
You need to go to the counter/station to buy tickets. The fare for each round trip will be 100 THB with a travel time of about 45 minutes to 1 hour. In addition to regular ships, you can also use canoes to move faster. However, the cost of going by canoe will be more expensive, about 1000 THB for one way.
4. Where to stay in Koh Samet 2022?
Although the island itself is not crowded and vibrant, the hotel service on Koh Samet island is quite developed with resorts, hotels, and motels. Depending on your own expenses and the purpose of the trip, you should choose the right hotel for yourself.
If you have a lot of money and want to relax, then you can stay at a resort or a luxury-star hotel. If you have a limited budget and just need a place to sleep, then you can choose budget hotels and cheap motels on Koh Samet island. Or go in a large group and want to experience, you can camp by the beach and enjoy the night, organize a barbecue.
Check out some of the hotels in Koh Samet in 2022 below:
- Sai Kaew Beach Resort – 8/1 Moo 4 Tumbon Phe Muang, Sai Kaew Beach, Koh Samet. A 4-star resort with beautiful views and close to the sea. Prices range from $90.
- Samet Grandview Resort – 95/2 Moo 4, Sub District, Muang District, Sai Kaew Beach, Koh Samet. Prices range from $71.
- Samed Villa Resort – 89 Moo 4, Koh Samed, Ao Phai, T. Ban Phe, A. Mueang, Rayong Province, Ao Phai, Koh Samet. Prices range from $41.
5. Interesting places to go on Koh Samet 2022
To explore Koh Samet island 2022, you can spend 1 or 2 nights is the most ideal, because there are not too many attractions. The main activities on this island are swimming and relaxing. The ideal schedule is that you should travel 2 days 1 night or if you have a lot of time, 3 days 2 nights. In addition, you can combine with going to Pattaya, going to Koh Samet island for 1 day, and returning to Pattaya to spend the night.
What to play on Koh Samet 2022? Here are fun activities in Koh Samet island you should not miss:
#1 Swimming on the island of Koh Samet
In general, the seawater in Koh Samet is clear and clean, not as noisy as Pattaya. After soaking in the refreshing water, you can relax on the beach loungers and enjoy. The area along the beach has hawker stalls selling snacks such as grilled squid, fresh squid, and papaya salad which is very clean and cheap.
#2 Enjoy dinner at the sea
In the evening, along the beach of Koh Samet, there are enough shops with lights to sell all kinds of food. No beautiful scenery, romantic food is Thai specialties and fresh seafood. The price is quite reasonable, and there are no scams, so you can rest assured to eat and drink.
#3 Trekking on Koh Samet
Trekking is an exciting and attractive activity for tourists visiting Koh Samet island. If you are an explorer, you definitely cannot miss this exciting experience. On the island of Koh Samet, there are beautiful islands, pristine sandy beaches, and forests that are ideal places for trekking. However, note that the roads on the island are pretty rough, so you need to be careful when moving.
Hope you got some useful tips for your tip in Koh Samet 2022. There are many more other islands in Thailand you can explore this Summer 2022: