Bali Indonesia is known as the island of paradise. It is also one of the most prominent tourist attractions in Indonesia. If you want to explore beautiful Asia, then Bali is the check-in point that you should not miss. So is Bali Indonesia travel as difficult as what we are curious about? Try to discover the 7 answers below right now.
One of the reasons people decide to visit Bali is to see the Gate of heaven. This horizontally split gate has a mysterious and attractive appearance, including symbols and patterns with Hinduism meaning carved meticulously. Especially, the background of this gate is the view of Agung Mountain, which makes people feel they are touching the clouds when reaching out their hands.
Moreover, the beautiful forest of Bali island is even more stunning when being seen from here. As a result, this gate has risen to be a popular place for taking pictures. Let’s see some check-in photos that have gone viral on Instagram below:
Read more: Bali Heaven Gate: What Is Special About It?
2. Borobudur Temple
Topping the list of famous beautiful places to visit in Bali Indonesia is a Buddhist temple built in the 9th century. This is considered a legendary historical heritage near Bali. The temple has a very unique architecture and has many sacred hidden meanings about human history. Borobudur is located on the island of Java right next to Bali.
- Address: Located in central Java island of Indonesia, about 40km northwest of Jogjakarta center.
- How to get there: by bus from Jombor Bus Terminal.
- Entrance ticket: 250,000 IDR/foreigner (~18 USD) and 30,000 IDR/ Indonesian (~2 USD).
- Visiting time: 8:00 – 16:00.
3. The Sacred Temple: Tanah Lot
The sacred Hindu temple Tanah Lot Hindu is the symbol of Bali tourism. Located in Tabanan, 13km northwest of Kuta, the temple was built in a very unique and special position on a rock facing the sea. This thousand-year-old temple is a must-see when traveling to Bali.
Tourists have to wade through the sea to pass through this temple. However, only Hindus are allowed to go to the temple, the rest will only stop at the foot of that rocky mountain.
Travel tips: If you have time, you should go to Tanah Lot temple in the afternoon to be able to watch the beautiful sunset here.
- Address: Beraban Village, Kediri, Tabanan, Bali.
- Visiting time: 07:00 – 19:00.
- Ticket price: 30,000 IDR/child (~ 2 USD); 60,000 IDR/adult (~4USD).
4. Kuta Beach – The most beautiful beach in Bali Indonesia
Kuta Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Bali with long stretches of white sand and clear blue seawater. This is the ideal place for you to freely walk, sunbathe, swim and participate in sea activities such as windsurfing, skydiving, etc.
Travel tips: The best time to visit Kuta Beach is in July, August, or Christmas time.
Address: 20 minutes by taxi from the airport (Denpasar).
5. Bathing in holy water at Pura Tirta Empul Temple
Located in the Tampaksiring region and about 20km from the center of Ubud, Pura Tirta Empul Temple, is also known as Holy Spring Water Temple with 12 streams of holy water – which attracts a huge number of tourists every year.
This thousand-year-old temple is one of the most sacred places in Bali. Balinese people believe that bathing at this temple will help wash away the dust, sins, bring much health and good luck.
- Address: in Tampaksiring area, about 20 km from Ubud town – the center of Bali island (about 30 minutes by motorbike).
- Visiting time: 7:00 – 18:00.
- Entrance fee: 15,000 IDR/person (~ 2 USD).
6. Experiencing the captivating Swing Bali
Swing game that surely everyone who comes to Ubud wants to experience once as you can swing out into the cloudy sky, quite adventurous and attractive. Posing with Swing Bali can also be considered a typical culture in Bali.
There are many Swings in Ubud such as Ubud Swing and Jungle Swing. One of the issues is that to play this game you will have to spend a lot of time waiting in line to play and take pictures. And the price is pretty steep too.
- Address: Jalan Dewi Saraswati, 80352 Bongkasa Pertiwi, Kapubaten Bandung, Bali, Indonesia.
- Price: range 15 – 20 USD.
- Visiting time: 8:00 – 17:00.
- Ticket price: Swing at Ubud has many packages, single packages or combo packages
7. Visiting Tegalalang Rice terraces
The famous Tegalalang terraced rice fields are recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. To visit here, you must buy an entrance ticket. However, in some locations with beautiful angles, you still have to pay extra fees for the “hosts” with an “arbitrary” fee but must be moderate. Sounds a bit hacky, doesn’t it? Don’t worry, you’ll understand what you should do when you get there.
- Address: located in the North of Tegalalang village.
- Entrance ticket price: 10,000 IDR/person (~0.5 USD) or you can combine visiting this terraced field with the combo package of holy bathing and swing experience which is always very convenient.
- Visiting time: 9:00 – 17:00.
8. Nusa Penida – The most famous island in Bali Indonesia
Nusa Penida is the largest island in the cluster of three Nusa islands close to Bali. More specifically, there are many corners to live virtual with Angle Billabong beach, Broken Beach, Kelingking Beach, Crystal bay.
To get here, keep in mind that you have to take the boat to the sea for more than 1 hour.
How to get there:
- Time: 45 minutes from Sanur pier (end of Hang Tuah street) by fast train,
- Fare for each turn: 175,000 IDR (~ 12 USD)
- The ship departs 3 times a day (8am, 10am, 4pm) from Sanur and 3 returns (7am, 9am, 3pm) from Sampalan pier on the island.
- As soon as you step on the island, there is a motorbike rental service at the beginning of the pier so that visitors can visit the island on their own. The price is only 75,000 IDR (~ 5 USD) for a full day of petrol for a scooter.
Some other notes when visiting Bali Indonesia:
To enter the temples you have to wear a sarong to cover your lower body. Most temples lend Sarong for free at the entrance. However, if you want to bathe here, do not bring down this free sarong. You have to rent a sarong at the changing area, store your clothes on the right side of the lake for about 10,000 IDR/person.