Pattaya is the most special and vibrant seaside city in Thailand, more than 150 kilometers southeast of Bangkok. Pattaya is considered the entertainment paradise of Thailand. When planning for the first trip to Pattaya, most people usually consider when the best time to visit Pattaya in 2021 is.
Pattaya used to be a small fishing village before it has become one of the most developed tourist destinations in Thailand. In fact, Pattaya is a year-round tourist destination so it is not difficult to make a decision for your holiday if you have a well-off financial condition. This article will be about the best time to visit Pattaya by weather and by tourist season.
1. BEST TIME TO VISIT PATTAYA 2021 (BY WEATHER)
The weather in Pattaya is hot all year round with the average peak temperature hovering around 29 degrees Celsius. Pattaya has a typical climate including three main seasons: the cool season (November to February), the hot season (March to April), and the rainy season (May to October).
Cool Season (November to February)
If you want to make your trip to Pattaya worth memorable, November to February season is an ideal time to visit here. The cool season in Pattaya sees the perfect weather with very little rain and moderate temperatures. The weather is mainly slightly cool at all times.
- November: This is the time that the wet season normally ends and the tourist high season starts. However, there is still a chance of rain at the beginning of November. Weather in November is mostly cool with the average temperature between 23 and 30 degrees Celsius during the day. You can enjoy regular days of bright sunshine. The average relative humidity is about 71% so that the atmosphere is quite comfortable.
- December: Pattaya in December is one of the busiest times of year because of a great number of tourists visiting here. December has the finest weather. It is almost sunny with the average humidity around 68% in spite of short rainy periods. The temperature is between 22 and 29 degrees Celsius.
- January is quite similar to December. The humidity is at its lowest of the whole year. There are long sunny days with the temperature fluctuating from 23 to 30 degrees Celsius and the humidity around 64%. The atmosphere is perfectly comfortable, which is suitable for outdoor activities.
- February: Like January, this is one of the most popular months to visit. Most days should be sunny with a quite high temperature (between 24 and 31 degrees Celsius). The average humidity increases, compared with January, about 71%. However, the air still stays comfortable all the time.
Hot Season (March to April)
The weather in Pattaya becomes hot and humid during the hot season from March to April. Nevertheless, Tourists still consider it is the best time to visit Pattaya and the number of travelers remains high.
- March is usually sunny with temperatures slightly higher (225 degree Celsius – 32 degree Celcius) and humidity starting to rise about 72%, heralding the start of summer. The summer dáy stay long and clear, too. Moreover, the prices come down a little with many discounts on hotels as well as airfares.
- April is the hottest month of Pattaya time. The temperature at this month can be up to 33 degrees Celsius and the humidity is usually 73%. It is generally sunny and very hot. At this period, beaches are busy so be sure to bring sunscreen lotion, sunglasses, and hats with you.
Occasional rains in the summer bring some relief but not enough to make the atmosphere better. Although it is unpleasantly hot and humid, many tourists, especially European tourists, come to Pattaya to enjoy a beach vacation.
Rainy Season (May to October)
Pattaya experiences heavy rainfall from May to October that makes this low season for tourists because of the intense and frequent showers and the swarms of mosquitoes it brings in its wake.
- May: you can expect to see some nice weather but overall it is one of the wettest months of the year with an average rainfall of up to 15.5 cm. However, the temperature is still at a high level of 26 – 32 degrees Celsius. The numbers of tourists dramatically drop because of the high rainfall in May. Some people who do not like holiday crowded can take advantage of big discounts on flights and accommodation.
- June: Temperatures stay high (between 26 and 31 degrees Celsius) and so does the humidity (about 74%) in June. The average rainfall in June is less than in May (about 10.5 cm). Therefore, you will still see a lot of sunny days. If you are a fruit lover, this is a great month to visit Pattaya as the local fruit season peaks and fresh at reasonable prices.
- July is a “drier” month of the wet season. The average rainfall drops 8.7 cm. Hence, there is a good chance of some fine weather. You can enjoy a few sunny days with temperatures around 26-32 degrees Celsius and the humidity not exceeding 74% even though there is still some rain. Pattaya in July is much quieter than in the high season.
- August is the last month of the three driest months in the rainy season. The atmosphere can be humid (the average humidity can be up to 79%). There are a few sunny days with a temperature between 26 and 31 degrees Celsius. On the other hand, heavy rains probably occur. Town and nightlife are often quiet.
- September: You can experience a lot of rainy days with an average rainfall of up to approximately 22 cm. But there is strange that it is quite hot with high humidity (77%) like the weather in May even if it is rainy. Additionally, the chance of thunderstorms is also high throughout the month but this does not mean there will not be any good weather. Tropical thunderstorms can be rather a beautiful sight from a hotel room window.
- October: Although the heat background is lower than other months of the rainy season (not exceeding 30 degree Celsius), the humidity in October is the highest, reaching 79% with a high probability of lots of rainy days. The average rainfall can be up to 24 cm. However, this month in Pattaya is one of the quietest months of the year; therefore, October is the cheapest time of year to visit Pattaya like September.
Here are the weather details for the year in Pattaya in tém of the temperature, humidity, and rainfall, which answer your question about the best time to visit Pattaya. In my opinion, the ideal time to get there is from November to February or cool season when the weather is almost pleasant with little rain and a lot of sunshine.
2. BEST TIME TO VISIT PATTAYA 2021 (BY TOURIST SEASON)
The best time for you to go to Pattaya will actually depend on your priorities. Visiting Pattaya in nice weather conditions does not mean you do not need to pay a premium price. On the other hand, you can make big savings if you take a trip during the rainy season.
Below is to give you further information about three main tourist seasons in Pattaya: Peak Season (Roughly mid-December through mid-January), High Season (November through March) and Low Season (April through October).
In Peak Season, the weather is practically warm and pleasant with some hot weeks, low humidity and little rain. This is also when Pattaya attracts a great number of tourists.
Christmas is celebrated in December like it is in Western countries with colorful decorations around the nightlife area and malls. Pattaya night at Christmas is lively and bustling. In addition to Christmas, New Year’s Eve is probably the busiest night of the year for Pattaya as this is the year’s biggest celebration.
Tourists can enjoy a huge fireworks display above Pattaya Beach at midnight. Nightlife in Pattaya in Peak Season has a party atmosphere that is suitable for anyone who likes busts and parties.
Read also: Pattaya Walking Street 2021 (Price included)
However, there is not much benefit to visiting Pattaya during Peak Season, compared with other seasons, except for enjoying Christmas and New Year’s atmosphere with comfortable weather. Airfares, as well as accommodation prices, are generally at their highest. There are few discounts at this time that tourists may have to pay at a premium.
Moreover, traffic congestion around the beach and Second Roads can be worse than usual. However, Peak Season is worth experience for those who want their Pattaya travel more colorful and lively with humans.
High Season starts in November when tourists from all over the world overflow to Pattaya. The attractive thing is some of the best weather: little rain and warm with pleasant sunshine.
Pattaya activities in High Season are jubilant and exciting with several festivals such as Loy Krathong and the International Fireworks festivals. Loy Krathong in Pattaya can be found on Jomtien beach or Lake Maprachan in East Pattaya.
Because of festivals, the number of tourist increase that makes hotel prices much higher. Accommodation discounts will be fewer besides flights from many countries will increase. Furthermore, you can also find some accommodations getting sold out early but usually, there are many options for you to choose from.
Some fun places to meet up with friends like bars and clubs are typically crowded with local people as well as tourists so everything around is always lively and bustling. The sidewalk on Beach Road was usually full of people that it is difficult to move around but now you can still enjoy the atmosphere when walking here. Generally, High Season is the best time to visit Pattaya because of both nice weather and fun moments.
April is the hottest month of the year and also the time of the Songkran Water festival to celebrate the Thai New Year. High Season ends in April after Songkran and marks the beginning of Low Season. Overseas tourist numbers drop dramatically so not only the bars and clubs are much quieter but also the traffic congestion is less than other seasons.
A bad thing is that the weather becomes hotter and more humid. The average rainfall is often at the highest. Moreover, Pattaya can suffer several bad floods every summer, which is a reason why tourists usually avoid this time.
However, Low Season is a good time for some people who like quiet and relaxing. They can enjoy the peaceful holiday and at the same time take advantage of big discounts on flights and accommodation. You can easily find some beautiful and convenient hotels with a half price they cost during High Season. Low Season is an ideal plan for those who want to have saving vacations.
Is Pattaya worth taking a trip? What is the weather like in Pattaya? When is the best time to visit to Pattaya? Hope this article can answer your questions and somehow help you to have a great trip to Pattaya – one of the most exciting cities in Thailand.